Google Caffeine Infrastructure
In August, Google announced the upcoming roll out of the Google Caffeine infrastructure. Google described it this way:
“For the last several months, a large team of Googlers has been working on a secret project: a next-generation architecture for Google’s web search. It’s the first step in a process that will let us push the envelope on size, indexing speed, accuracy, comprehensiveness and other dimensions. The new infrastructure sits “under the hood” of Google’s search engine, which means that most users won’t notice a difference in search results. But web developers and power searchers might notice a few differences…”
Analyzing Gogle Search Engine Result Pages after Caffeine:
- Google Caffeine tends to show a larger data set for the number of search results for a particular search.
- Google Caffeine has shown a tendency to put more weight on keyword phrases or keyword strings, as opposed to singular keywords.
- Google seems to be putting a little bit more emphasis on the age of a website.
- Slight value increase to exact match domain names.
- Google seems willing to show the title and a description of a page, before it even caches the page in its index.
- If you have a keyword-heavy domain name, then your investment may start to help you more going forward.
- If you have focused on single keywords and bypassed keyword strings for optimization, you may begin paying heavily for that decision going forward. Focus on keyword phrases.