Google’s Core Ad Business Declining?
As per Google’s earnings report for the third quarter which was released on Thursday October 16th 2014, the company managed to post a revenue increase of 20% year-over-year, analysts are concerned by slowing growth in its core ad business. Google make the most of its money from its Ad business.
As per statistics:
- Paid clicks were up 17% year-over-year
- But only up 2% quarter-over-quarter
- The previous quarter saw 25% year-over-year growth, which makes that 17% look worse
- And, Google has seen twelve straight quarters of ad price decline
- Average cost-per-click decreased 2% year-over-year
- Interestingly, Google doesn’t break out mobile ad numbers separately from desktop, which would obviously give people a better picture of what’s actually happening (may bcoz mobile ads are not doing well)
Today internet searchers knows that business listed on right or top are business ads and the business are there bcoz they have paid to be there. The initial thought of people clicking them bcoz they must be good and hence reached to that position is no more true.
People still looks at the search results and checks their content and businesses which is a result of search engine optimization and how well a website is written. So, keep focusing on making a website look good, navigate good, write good quality relevant content and SEO of the website to get more targeted audience.