Google’s next penguin update going to be ‘jarring & jolting’
As part of his discussions, he mentioned “Likewise Panda, we’re still in the early stages of Penguin where the engineers are incorporating new signals and iterating to improve the algorithm”.
Due to the fact that Google is still working on defining, improving algorithm and adding more signals, result will have noticeable impact. It’s not that people should only expect data refreshing.
This announcement was a clarification of the statements that Matt Cutts made at the SES San Francisco: “the engineers have been working hard. [...] The updates are going to be jarring and jolting for a while.”
Few additional facts:
- Penguin updates target websites that use spam tactics.
- Do not use any automated programs for promotion etc which might put in spammer category.
- The latest algorithm update is mainly targeting towards spammers. Be alert if you are performing any such activities.
- If you use any tools that uses words such as “secret trick”, “exploit”, “fully automated” or “auto-pilot” then it’s likely that your rankings are at risk.
- Google algorithms are not stable yet, do not make drastic change-over of your website.